If you have ever seen a vehicle you're interested in purchasing, you know it's very easy to get excited and buy it right away before someone else does (especially with the current pre-owned car climate).
We know this sense of urgency is overwhelming, as no one likes that awful feeling of missing out on a car you had your eyes on, only to find out it has been sold.
However, acting hastily in purchasing a pre-owned vehicle (even just a couple years old and from a reputable seller) without the necessary due diligence can result in large financial headaches & unexpected mechanical issues... it is for these reasons you need a Pre-Purchase Inspection!
What is a PPI (Pre-Purchase Inspection)?
A PPI is a way to check the car is what it says it is on the ad by means of a comprehensive vehicle inspection completed in person and report provided to you.
The inspection covers all aspects of the vehicle inside and out to ensure you know everything that you need to know about the car, before you commit to buying.
Is it worth spending $ on a PPI?
Absolutely! Even if you’re somewhat knowledgeable about cars, it can be difficult to really know what you’re getting without a professional Pre-Purchase Inspection.
Our advice to clients is to always invest in a PPI so that they can purchase the car of their dreams with confidence and not worry about spending more on vehicle repairs or being stuck with a lemon.
With a PPI, there is no more guesswork and uncertainty because everything is documented and provided for you in order to make a sound decision for your purchase.
The exercise is a very tiny percentage of the overall cost of the vehicle and the ROI is instant because you get:
1) Peace of mind with a full pass and the confidence to either proceed with the purchasing of your dream car.
2) Peace of mind knowing you don't need to proceed with an offer on a car that requires extensive mechanical or body work and is not as described.
What we offer:
- Dedicated Automotive Advisor to manage and book both parties (seller & inspector) on your behalf
- Our experienced mechanic inspector sent on-site to either a private residence or dealership
- Comprehensive report provided to you same day
- Extensive photographs for your records sent via email or phone
- Promptness and responsiveness so you don't loose time on purchasing the car & securing the deal
- Our expert analysis and opinion on the vehicle for your consideration
What our extensive PPI reports include:
- Engine: Oil leaks, engine mounts, hoses, pipes, compression test if applicable
- Transmission: Operation, clutch, gear shifting, oil leaks, etc.
- Electrical System: Charging voltage, battery load test, power windows, fault scan, etc.
- Air Conditioning: Operation, compressor, pipes etc.
- Cooling System: Radiator, leaks, pressure test etc.
- Exhaust System: Mufflers, exhaust manifold, leaks etc.
- Steering & Suspension: Shocks, bearings, drive shafts, sway bars etc.
- Brakes: Pads, rotors, hand brake, etc.
- Tyres & Wheels: Condition and % tread remaining
- Underbody: Sub frame, fuel tank, hoses etc.
- Interior: Over 20 check points Inc. belts, carpet, trim, lights, sat nav etc.
- Exterior: Bonnet and locks, windscreen, rubbers, lights etc.
- Body Condition & Paintwork: Every panel Inc. roof
- Road Test: Checking for engine performance, smoke, steering, braking etc.
- Books & Service Check: Ensuring the car has been regularly serviced.
Client Examples: 2 confident vehicle purchases
Two valued clients recently contacted us regarding examples that were listed for sale, which they were interested in purchasing :
• Porsche 911 Cayman S
• Mercedes-AMG SL63
After our PPI was performed on both cars for the interested parties, the report came in with passes and positive comments in every category, allowing us to confidently advise our clients that they can proceed with the offer to purchase.
The result: Peace of mind and 2 very happy car owners!
If you have seen a car for sale that catches your attention, get in touch with our team Auto Outsource for a Pre-Purchase inspection and let us make life easier for you!
Pedro is a renowned trusted advisor in the Automotive Industry with over 27 years experience in the trade in all things auto, specialising in paint, panel and mechanical.